As there is no way to respond directly to App Store reviews we are creating this blog post. Remember, with our game, you are getting in contact directly with the people who actually make the game, we have no publisher or PR agency or community manager. This is indie :)
Some things you can do to help us…
1. Please rate the game. It helps us know how people are finding the game. Is it good or bad?
2. If you rate the game please review it as well. This is because if there was something in the game that you didn’t like and you gave the game 2 stars because of it, how can we ever know.
3. If you rate and review the game and there is a major problem ( e.g. crashes ) tell us the type of device your using. That way we can know what device to test for the crash on. Note: If your device is jail broken, let us know by putting “JB” in the review :) We have only tested on non-jail broken phones.
Date - 24/05/2013
If you have an iPod 4th Gen and are experiencing crashes please try restoring your iPod using iTunes. Remember to backup your iPod first. This has worked for a number of people who were experiencing crashes.
Date - 07/05/2013
So we think we have tracked down why some people have crashes with the game and others don’t ( including us and everyone in our beta testing team ). It seems to do with memory and one fix for this is to free some memory up on your device. You can do that by following these steps…
1. Double click the home button. A horizontal list of app icons should appear along the bottom of the screen.
2. Hold down on one icon until all the icons start wobbling and have a red minus on them.
3. Tap the red minus to shut-down that app and free the memory it was using up.
You might need to shut-down all apps and then run our game, just to check that that was what was causing the crash for you.
More information on double click home button here http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4211
Note: If your device is jail-broken the steps should work but you may also have to un-install any tweaks you have installed. Please remember we don’t support jail-broken devices yet. If you would like to help us do so please contact us ( contact at footballplaybk dot com ).
Date - 04/05/2013
OK! There is something very wrong with the game for some people. One positive to take from these reviews is that people have used the words “great” or “good” in each one. We have created this thread to show people we are here for the long term. We did not intend to make something that crashes and we definitely aren’t interested in making shovel-ware.
So if you are experiencing this problem PLEASE. GET. IN. CONTACT. email@example.com or https://twitter.com/footballplaybk
Date - 03/05/2013
First off, sorry the game didn’t work as expected for you. Thank you for saying that the game is good! :) We have had people using jail broken devices with older versions of iOS( 6.1 instead of 6.1.3 ) experience crashes. Are you using a jail-broken device and if so what device exactly?